Skip to main content Quick Exit

4Help and support

Our support service

If you decide to use our support service, you will have a dedicated support worker while you’re engaging with the Truth Project. 

Our support workers have experience of working with adult survivors of child sexual abuse. They will help with any questions or concerns you may have about sharing your experiences with us.

They can help you prepare to share your experience and offer support for a period of time afterwards. 

Sessions in person, by phone and by video call have now concluded, but you can still share your experience in writing. We need to receive written experiences by 31 October 2021. If you share your experience in writing you can talk to your support worker on the phone. 


Your needs and wellbeing

If you use our support service, the support worker will ask about any particular needs or preferences you may have while you are involved with the Truth Project. 

This might include support with a disability.

The support worker will also help you think about your wellbeing before, during and after sharing your experience.

Other services that can help

We can offer advice on other services that can give you more support in the future. There may be services local to you. 

There are also national services that offer support and advice to victims and survivors of child sexual abuse. 

Please note that these services are independent of the Inquiry. You may experience delays in accessing services due to the current situation with coronavirus (Covid-19). Some of these are listed here:

National Association for People Abused in Childhood

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is a national charity offering support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.

NAPAC helpline: 0808 801 0331

Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis England and Wales is a national charity and the umbrella body for all Rape Crisis Centres. You can find your nearest Rape Crisis Centre and how to get help if you’ve experienced rape, child abuse and/or any other kind of sexual violence from the email address below. You can also find information on advocacy and Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) services, counselling and therapeutic services as well as helplines and emotional support.

National Rape and Sexual Abuse Helpline number 0808 802 9999 (lines are open 12 noon - 2.30pm and 7pm - 9.30pm every day of the year).


Mind - a national mental health charity providing advice and support to anyone with a mental health problem. 

Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).


SurvivorsUK provides support to adult males who have experienced any form of sexual violence. They provide a web chat and text chat support service and counselling from their London premises.  

Call 0203 598 3898



Samaritans is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. 

Call any time on: 116 123

The Survivors Trust

The Survivors Trust is a national umbrella agency for specialist rape and sexual abuse support organisations for women, men, young people and children. Support line offering advice, information and support: 08088 010818

NHS Choices

NHS Choices provides information about local health services, along with health and lifestyle advice.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice gives free, confidential information and advice to assist people with money, legal, consumer and other problems.

What to do if you are in crisis

If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe and are having thoughts of suicide which you think you may act on, please consider one of these options:

  • Go to any hospital accident and emergency department (A&E), or ask for an emergency appointment with your doctor. If you can’t get to a doctor or an A&E, call 999 or ask someone else to call for you.
  • Call the Samaritans on 116 123. Calls are free. Lines are open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
  • Call NHS 111. Calls are free. Lines are open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, call 18001 111 on a textphone.
  • Or go to

If you are ready to take part

Get in touch

Your privacy

There are very limited circumstances where we tell anyone your name without your consent, for example if a child is currently at risk and we need to tell the police.